Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She has a uti and I can't afford to go to the vet right now.

Customer Question
She has a uti...

She has a uti and I can't afford to go to the vet right now

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?

She sits in the cat box a long time, and her urine is pink

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the cat seem to hurt?

She doesn't seem to be in any pain except when she is trying to pee

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the cat's name and age?

Aliya Rose and she is 2

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Aliya?

No... she is in good health otherwise

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
10/6/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Cat Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Cat Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

So unfortunately she needs antibiotics which you probably already know. There are no home treatments that are going to help. So I am not sure if you were asking for over the counter remedies or had another question.

Care credit provides veterinary bill financing and they usually give you 6 months to pay it off

You can apply online

But Im thinking you are looking at paying for an exam and the antibiotics. The cost would depend on the area you live in. If money is super tight you could decline the urine test for now.

Some SPCA and humane societies have vets on staff and care for low income patients. I worked at one for 3 years. You can call around to the local SPCAs and see if anyone has that service.

How does that sound? Do you have any other questions for me?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Gabby