Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My female cat had her uterus removed do to a bad infection…

Customer Question
My female cat had...

My female cat had her uterus removed do to a bad infection and now she hasn't pooped in five days.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infections the cat can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name?

Griselda

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Griselda?

She is eating normally and appears to be in good spirits.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
10/5/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr G, Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr G
Dr G, Cat Veterinarian
Hi I'm Dr G and I would like to help you out with Griselda.
Your kitty had a pyometra surgery? Has it been 5 days since surgery? Has she been eating well since surgery or just recently started eating better?
Not pooping can be normal after surgery for a few days, but 5 days is kinda pushing it. But if she is still eating well that's a good sign that she is not in distress.
Dr G
Dr G
Dr G, Cat Veterinarian