Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat has a exturnal lump on the inside of her left leg the…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl , my...

Hi Pearl , my cat has a exturnal lump on the inside of her left leg the size of a fifty cent piece it’s not draining nor hot to the touch . But it seems to be hurting her as she now limps when she walks

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?

No not really she only has had skin problems with fleas and did go to the vet had a shot . But that was four months ago

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
10/4/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. THE WEBSITE SENDS THE REQUESTS; NOT MYSELF. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

How old is she?

When you say "external", is the lump under the skin or visible on top of the skin?

Is the lump firm or soft?

Is the lump movable or seems to be fixed in once spot?

Do you know if this is where she got her injection 4 months ago?