Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have a dachy/poo that's 7 and I just noticed this morning…

Customer Question
I have a dachy/poo...

I have a dachy/poo that's 7 and I just noticed this morning she has a nipple that is swollen, blackish grey color and not quite the size of a dime but not exactly round. There isn't any discharge but I'm just concerned because I just .ca e her a bath day before yesterday and it wasn't like while I was crying her off. Any suggestions?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the gray?

Well the only thing that I forgot to tell you that her actually nipple seems to be the same size as the others but it's the blackish/grey and swelling around it....i hope that makes sense???

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
10/4/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. THE WEBSITE SENDS THE REQUESTS; NOT MYSELF. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Is she spayed? If so, how old was she when it happened?

Is this area bothering her?

Is it possible for you to take a picture of the affected area and post it or attach it to your next message?

Dr John....im sorry but I'm unable to send you picture....i can put it on my Facebook page...would that help?

Anywhere you can post a picture would help. Just send me the link and make sure it is visible to the public

Ok...my name is***** and put it on my page now....thamk you!!!

Can you copy and paste the link for the page the photo is on?

It's on my Facebook page now if that helps....im sorry but I'm not very good with all this electronic stuff...lol

No problem. There are other people with your name on Facebook, though, so it is making it harder to find. If you can just copy and paste the web address, that would help out A LOT. For example, the web address for this page is

http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/0970e4af4d684b43853b021779910aee

I just saw that you make phone calls...please be patient with and I'll get that picture to you

No problem. I will be around all day. I just may be in an appointment at some point but will be right back.

Thank you so much for your patience!!!!!

Your welcome.