Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

His right rear leg is paralyzed - almost completely - came…

Customer Question
His right rear leg...

His right rear leg is paralyzed - almost completely - came on quickly over the past few days. No pain

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?

Stubs - about 11 yo

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?

He's had physicals - up to date on all his shots; goes outside at times but is mostly indoors; 2 other cats in the household; no obvious weight loss; still sweet as pie

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
10/4/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I just came online and saw your question; I am sorry you did not get help from a Just Answer expert before now. I am sorry to hear about Stubs.

Can he move the leg at all, or does he just drag it?

There are more than one thing that can cause paralysis in a hind leg in an older cat: a blood clot in the artery to that leg, a problem in his spinal cord (infection, stroke, tumor), an injury. Heart disease can be the cause of blood clots.

If you feel the foot is it colder than the opposite foot?

Is Stubs eating normally?

How is Stubs doing? I hope you were able to see my response.

Please let me know if this was helpful, and if you have any other questions.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?