Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She's pregnant and I think it's almost time! She's not my…

Customer Question
Hi she's pregnant and...

Hi she's pregnant and I think it's almost time! She's not my cat, she came up to me outside, so I made a home for her in my sunroom. I set up a dog house with blankets inside for her, she's laying in there now for first time, and letting me rub her tummy, is this ok for her to have baby's in? It's a dog house with a cover med size

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your cat. What is the cat's name and age?

She pregnant and I think it's almost time! I set up a dog house with blankets in it also has a cover! It's med size. She's laying in it now for first time. Is this ok?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?

It's not my cat, she came up to me so I gave her a home in my sunroom.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
10/4/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand your outside cat is pregnant and possibly coming close to the time of labor. You set up a dog house with blankets inside. Is this shelter away from other possible predators such as coyotes or stray dogs?

No she's in my sunroom safe!! I'm just wondering if that's an ok spot for her to hav babys?
My sunroom is inside

This is definitely a safe place to be. She needs a quiet area where she will not be disturbed, away from heat and cold weather, and safe from predators. It sounds like you have provided a perfect place. I would not recommend any changes.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I am here to help. If you have no other questions, I would appreciate a positive review. You may leave up to 5 stars when ready. Your review helps connect Experts with other customers, so your input is highly appreciated.

Just checking in. How is your cat doing?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Scott Perry
Scott Perry
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian