Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My cat is sneezing and crust is formed in eyes and she's…

My cat is sneezing and...
My cat is sneezing and crust is formed in eyes and she's always sleeping and she has fever for 104F
10/3/2017
Sheena Christensen

Hi​ there, I am Dr. Christensen. I sounds like Daffnie has an upper respiratory infection and she needs some subcutaneous fluids (to help bring that fever down) and some antibiotics. Your veterinarian should be able to help provide these treatments if you schedule an exam with them.

I am concerned about Daffnie's fever. If you don't have access to an ER veterinarian I would recommend keeping a fan on her to help keep her cool. If you have access to an ER veterinarian I would recommend taking her so she can get treatment started tonight. Let me know if you have any other questions. Also, I would greatly appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service. Wishing Daffnie a speedy recovery.

actually all my cats died because of this now four are left,from that daffnie and her mother,maxy also have the same symptoms
According to my vet its an unidentified case..

I​t can be very difficult to identify the underlying causes sometimes. Often treating the symptoms (fever, dehydration, and making sure they are getting food in) is the best route until a diagnosis can be made. Sending samples to a lab (swabs of the mucus etc) may help get to a diagnosis as well as a Felv/FIV test if one has not been done. There is also a blood panel called Fever of Unknown Origin that your veterinarian can send in. However, symptomatic treatment at a veterinary hospital will still be needed until results come in. This sounds very serious, I would recommend a 24 hours facility if you have one in your area. They will be able to provide around the clock care.

P​lease let me know if you have any other questions. I am so sorry that you are dealing with this. It must be very hard to watch all of your kitties get sick.

is it still curable?
I think their still intheir early stage because their still eating well,but later they stop eating and wont be able to move

B​oth viral and bacterial diseases can be treated. As long as the body can make it through the illness. That is why getting symptomatic treatment is so important, it will give their bodies the best chance to fight off what is attacking them. There certainly are things that are not treatable, however. I hope that is not the case. Running the tests a talked about earlier will help get to some answers regarding what is going on. But no matter what some veterinary care to get that fever down is critical.

Sheena Christensen
Ok thankyou so much,it was really very helpful!

You are very welcome

Sheena Christensen
Sheena Christensen
Sheena Christensen