Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Has had sneezing for several weeks, runny nose. SOSO. Diarr…

Customer Question
Has had sneezing for...

Has had sneezing for several weeks, runny nose

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?

SOSO

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about SOSO?

Diarr

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
10/3/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Joan, Vet Tech replied 8 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I would like to assist you and SoSo.

What you are describing is a Cold in cats. This can be a viral issue or a bacterial issue. If Viral SoSo will have to work through it as there are no real treatemnts for Viral infections. If Bacterial, the Vet can prescribe an Antibiotic to help rid SoSo of the infection.

Herpes is the Virus that can cause this and is something almost every cat carries. LLyseine is usually used to boost the immune system for the Herpes virus.

The best thing you could do is to have SoSo seen by her Vet to determine if this is Viral or Bacterial and if it is Bacterial get an Antibiotic for her.

Please hit reply to discuss this information.

Joan