Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have a 12 years old neutered male cat with lots of scabs…

Customer Question
I have a 12...

I have a 12 years old neutered male cat with lots of scabs around his neck. I am looking for a home remedy since I can't afford a vet. I have used aloe cloths recommended for cats and dogs and this seems to help but it looks and feels awful. He doesn't really scratch at them. Thanks!

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name?

Buzzy Bigfoot and I have managed to control the fleas. I don't think that is the problem. I am thinking of using Dynovite, any thoughts?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?

Not that I'm aware of. He seems to be in good health, eating and using the cat box well.I feel both cats, 9 Lives and Kit and Kaboodle.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
10/2/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 10 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of the scabs?

Are there scabs anywhere else on the body?