Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My 9 yr old male cat was acting odd Thursday evening. Just…

Customer Question
My 9 yr old...

My 9 yr old male cat was acting odd Thursday evening. Just hiding. I wasnt sure if he was eating as I have two cats with food out but in the morning I usually give them each some wet food tuna and or treats. Friday morning he would not eat. Would not get up. When I finally pulled him out from under the bed he was limp and did not want to walk and when he did it was a strange gait and he was just limp. I took him to the vet and they did glucose 178 mg. Noted he had lost a pound since April. Gave him Cerania and some fluids. In a few hours he was eating again but still seemed off. Then 24 hours later same symptoms came back. I took him to emergency and they did blood work. Nothing conclusive. They gave him another shot. He was better slightly and ate again but here I am again up with him in the same condition. They also gave him a pain killer and sent me home with some. I gave him some a while ago but no effect. Has drank or ate since late this morning possibly. Doesnt move and he tried to get up a wile ago and fell. I have called for an apt tomorrow already but am so worried.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the cat will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?

I cant get him to drink. His tongue was sticking out a bit a while ago.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
10/2/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 10 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is your companion at this time?