Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Lethargy, not eating very much and she was a big eater, not…

Customer Question
Lethargy, not eating very...

Lethargy, not eating very much and she was a big eater, not drinking much, not playing at all and she has a rubber chicken she loves to play with and I just felt 2 hard masses, one directly above the other the size btwn small and large marbles on her left side of abdomen. Her stomach is making a lot of gurgling noises as well

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?

She's felv positive though has never had a single health issue in the 4 or 5 years I've had her

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
10/2/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 10 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

How long has she been without food?

How old is she?

When was a full panel of bloodwork last run?