Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have a couple of 3-week-old orphaned kittens. Eyes open,

Customer Question
I have a couple...

I have a couple of 3-week-old orphaned kittens. Eyes open, good appetites, no fleas or mites, nicely active, good elimination. However, one of them has a head tremor, almost like Parkinson's, and when I feed her, she frantically grabs & claws for the bottle. Is this normal for this age? I've never cared for newborns before.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the kitten's name?

Itsy Bitsy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the kitten?

I haven't used any flea medication on them.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
10/2/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is your companion at this time?