Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat licked some of the Advantage ll and she is running…

Customer Question
My cat licked some...

My cat licked some of the Advantage ll and she is running around. I got her and wiped of the rest on her fur - should she be seen?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?

Annie and she is 2 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Annie?

She injested a little of the Advantage ll I put on her

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
10/1/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry you are worried about Annie. This was the Advantage II meant for cats, not the one for dogs?

If it was, it can cause irritation in her mouth, and possibly vomiting, but should not be worse than that.

It is for cats. I thought I put it in a place she couldn't reach it, but apparently I was wrong. Would this poison her?

A small amount being licked off should not poison her, but she might vomit. I am continuing to research this.

Not finding anything that says if a cat licks some Advantage II that it is serious.

She is not foaming at the mouth or anything - I'm thinking that it just tasted awful which made her want to dash around. She has quieted down and is under the bed. Should I do anything?

From my research, there is nothing to do except observe her and possibly expect some vomiting.

Please let me know if this is helpful and how she is doing.

OK - thank you.

You are welcome; please let me know how she is doing.