Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Cat peed on carpet, not eating soft food, only hard. Naomi…

Cat peed on carpet...

Cat peed on carpet, not eating soft food, only hard.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name and age?

Naomi is approximately 8.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Naomi?

She is very shy.

10/1/2017
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

She had small growth, hard skin like color on head.
She has small growth

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Naomi. It is not unusual for a cat to eat only dry food; of my 4 cats one will not eat soft food.

If she urinated outside her litter box, that can be a sign she may have a urinary tract infection (UTI). If she does this again, I would have your veterinarian do a urinalysis, to see if she needs antibiotics.

How long has the growth been there? Most growths are benign but some are not.

Its been there for 6 months. Not really growing.

Can you post a picture of it?

Never mind.

It is hard to say what the growth is, without being able to see it! The only way to know for sure what it is would be to do FNA, fine needle aspiration. This is putting a tiny needle into it, to get cells to look at under a microscope.

About 75% of skin growths on cats are benign. If this one grows, or bothers her, or bleeds, I would get it checked out.

Please let me know what other questions I can answer.

Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thanks for the positive rating. Please let me know how she is doing and if you have any other questions.

Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian