Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

We rescued a cat last winter from a drug house that was shut…

Customer Question
We rescued a cat...

We rescued a cat last winter from a drug house that was shut down on the street. She is a black Siamese mix and just would not let us try to make a house cat of her. She ran off in November to ANOTHER meth house. But in May she was on our porch pregnant. My boyfriend brought her in. She had 6 kittens who we have tried to raise and our 17 year old cat who just died stepped in as Uncle as well.So. I won't let them outside. Their mom Houdini a a way out always. Yet they have a type of flea we can't get rid of! I got bargain advantage first. Bombed the house twice. But now they have a type of boogers in the nose and eyes that looks like partly made of these weird fless, some of which look like microscopic shrimp! Boyfriends super allergic, it's gross, and I think that I maybe saw a butt worm this morning. Sincerely, ***** ***** panthers and the human mom's last nerve. ūüźą

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the kitten?

Well, her kittens are now 4 months old and she is STILL nursing most of them. It's impossible to catch her for a vet trip cuz she's so feral. But the kittens are totally social and love people, everyone.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
10/1/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 10 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of the bargain advantage, the eye boogers/eyes and the worms you are seeing?

I attached a couple pictures of the boogies and that includes a shot of the one that is on his fingers we pulled from the nose. I couldn't get a better close up. But I DID treat the kittens with Frontline a little more than a week ago. I didn't want to overdose them. I hope I didn't UNDERdose them and accidentally breed mutant fleas I can not get rid of. The fog bomb almost killed ME. But the fleas live on.

Are the kittens sneezing or coughing? Any mucous production?

Do you have a picture of the worm you saw?

You originally said advantage and then frontline, which was used?

Are the kittens bathed at all? If so, how often and using what product?

What measures are taken in the house to address fleas besides the bombing?

What type of bomb was used?