Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat has the same problem. Puss cpming. His name is kota…

Customer Question
My cat has the...

My cat has the same problem. Puss cpming

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** he is 6

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kota?

Just puss coming out behind his ears

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
10/1/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Regretfully, I can't see what you're referring to when you post "My cat has the same problem."
"Puss coming out behind his ears" usually refers to bite wound abscesses that need to attended to by his vet - opened, flushed, debrided (devitalized tissue removed), left open to drain or a drain is installed in the wound, and a sytemic antibiotic is prescribed. Can you upload a photo(s) of these areas to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing. Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.