Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat is 4 years old. Stopped eating and drinking 3 days ago.

Customer Question
Cat is 4 years...

Cat is 4 years old. Stopped eating and drinking 3 days ago. Saw a vet yesterday who diagnosed constipation, vet gave some injections. Cat is grooming ok. Cat did poo a little last night. Still not eating or drinking this morning.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name?

Squeaky

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
10/1/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Was he given an enema?

What treatments is he on just now?

Any gagging, retching, lip licking, drooling or vomiting?

Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?