Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My kitten is 4 weeks old. It doesn't seem able to walk or is…

Customer Question
My kitten is 4...

My kitten is 4 weeks old. It doesn't seem able to walk or is away from the mom and just lays around kinda lifeless

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your kitten. What is the kitten's name?

Didn't name it

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your kitten?

Just seems to be lethargic n stays by itself

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/30/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 10 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Has the kitten been weaned or is it still nursing from its mother?

When did this development occur?

Is the mother still caring for it or is she avoiding giving care?