Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I've always been a dog lover, but in the pastyear and a half…

Customer Question
Hello....My name is *****...

Hello....My name is ***** ***** I've always been a dog lover, but in the pastyear and a half a neighbors cat adopted us. Next thing we noticed was he's been putting on a bit of weight. He was doing real good until about 2 months ago. Then he took a dramatic change. Now he won't hardly go outside the house and he even LOST weight. He is sleeping on the kitchen counters. When we get up in the morning he starts meowing and the rest of the day. Could he be really sick? HELP...

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name?

Boots

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Boots?

He belonged to a friend of ours, then there was a fire in the park (mobile homes)and most animals found their way back home. But...this cat showed back up to our trailer. I'm an animal lovcer and I want to do what's best for the cat.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/30/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Joan, Vet Technician replied 10 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I would like to assist you with Boots.

Is he eating and drinking normally?

Passing stool normally?

Using his litter box?

Is appetite changed?

Is he neutered?

Any weight change?

Joan