Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

First thing is my cat has always had smelly poos and ever…

Customer Question
First thing is my...

First thing is my cat has always had smelly poos and ever since I got him he will go through these sick stages about every 3 to 5 months. His belly is always distended no matter what is going on. When he starts throwing up it will be for days. I take him to the vet and they cray him but there is nothing but a swollen colon. They give him lacitives and zofran and after a day or two he is fine.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your cat eat anything unusual?

No. That is the thing. They never find anything in him just a swollen colon which he seems to have all the time.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the cat's name?

Beast

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Beast?

He seems nauseous again and is throwing up even a good hour after he ests

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/26/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 10 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you give me further details on this sentence? "I take him to the vet and they cray him"?

Is bloodwork performed when he goes in? If so, do you have a recent copy?

Have any diagnostics like abdominal ultrasound been performed?

Is he inside only?

Is he neutered?

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?