Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My 1 year old cat has become ill after eating a part of a…

Customer Question
Hell, my 1...

Hell, my 1 year old cat has become ill after eating a part of a mouse. the bottom part..he is vomiting and clear liquid is coming out of his bottom It started this morning

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?

I meant to say hello and not hell sorry

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Murphy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Murphy?

Just that he ate the bottom part of the mouse it looks like he vomited a lot this morning ...now its clear liquid vomit

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/24/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about Murphy's situation. Is he acting pretty depressed? Is he able to urinate ok? Is he breathing comfortably? How long ago was his last vomit?

he was hiding in our back yard bush...right before that he tried to go and couldn't and before that he went half way into the litter box and I saw clear liquid drip out from his bottom
Can you please just tell me if I need to bring him in right away...
He vomited about 15 min ago last and it was clear and a small amount

Sorry for my delay. The absolute best thing you could do right now is to get him to your vet / ER clinic as they can in person evaluate him and see if further testing is needed. They at the very least can start up some treatment to hopefully settle his stomach and to treat the diarrhea. Could he have something pretty simple as the root of all this being he ate something that just really upset his intestinal tract - that mouse? Or is there something else going on. Could he have found some other noxious thing to eat? Could he have something ingested that isn't passing through well? Getting him seen will help him to get the care now that will hopefully get him feeling better the soonest. At home, all you can really do there is to let him rest and to see what happens.