Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

He doesn't seem to want to walk like his legs are hurting…

Customer Question
He doesn't seem to...

He doesn't seem to want to walk like his legs are hurting him

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** he is around 3

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Fez?

He is eating wet food and drinking water sporadically he will not eat his dry food

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Let me clarify he is eating his wet food like he is starving and will drink water sporadically but he will not eat dry food
9/24/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 10 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

We are we just moved and we don't have a vet right not

Is Fez inside only?

When he does walk, are the limbs functioning without problems (not showing signs of dragging or improper placement)?

He has gotten out a couple times but nothing resent

He is walking normally but I can tell he is in pain

Can you share a video of what you're seeing that makes him appear painful?

He's walking like an old man
It won't let me send anything
He is walking like an old man

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. If it fails to load, the files are likely too large. You can also use websites like Imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If this does not work and you’d prefer to text them directly to my cell phone, let me know. There is an additional charge for this, but it can make the job of sending pictures or video much more simple. Just let me know what works for you. I’ll be standing by.

The best approach is going to be a veterinary visit. I am concerned that the crying, abnormal gait, etc. may be symptoms of a wide range of medical ailments from a urinary tract infection to symptoms secondary to heart disease such as passing small clots to the back legs. Since you do not already have a vet, would you like assistance in finding one? An ER vet would be ideal over the weekend but I can also help you find a daytime practice to visit. I'll need your city and state.

Checking in. How is Fez?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy