Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Is this an actual person? My cat was pretty much fine

Customer Question
Is this an actual...

Is this an actual person?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the cat?

My cat was pretty much fine yesterday and suddenly became withdrawn and not eating. he seems weak and tired. usually hes very talkative, very active, curious. hes complete opposite now.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your cat. What is the cat's name and age?

Oscar, 9 years

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Oscar?

He has kidney disease, we are not sure of his health records though

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/24/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Any change to his breathing?

Are Oscar's gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Any diarrhea or straining to pass urine?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian