Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Hes diabetic and he threw up dark liquid today...usually its…

Customer Question
Hes diabetic and he...

Hes diabetic and he threw up dark brown liquid today...usually its kinda yellow green

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Oh sorry..hes a cat

Veterinarian's Assistant: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?

Yes..its a cat

Veterinarian's Assistant: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?

No..nothing unusual

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name and age?

Clifford is 12 I think...

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Clifford?

Not really....hes pretty lazy...23 lbs..long orange fur....hes on food for diet and glucose management

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/23/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Was it brown like his food or like coffee grounds?

Can he keep any water down?

Are his gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?