Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat ate a large amount of greenies accidentally and I am…

Customer Question
My cat ate a...

My cat ate a large amount of greenies accidentally and I am concerned. should I call an emergency vet center?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your cat will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?

No, she's healthy otherwise. I'm not sure how many she ate, but it was quite a lot I think

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/22/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question. In a situation like this, it more than likely isn't an emergency situation or one that will have a bad outcome. At this time, she's just eaten a lot of something that is meant to be eaten. More than likely the biggest potential for an issue here is diarrhea due to eating so much of this. If she's not vomiting and seems to be resting comfortably, it would seem that time and letting her digest and pass the Greenies is what is needed here.