Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I just walked into our dark hallway and stepped on our black…

Customer Question
I just walked into...

I just walked into our dark hallway and stepped on our black four month old kitten pretty hard. I know it was her body, not tail or paw. She screamed.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the kitten's name?

Her name is***** snatched her up and ran to the bathroom where I could see her. She was trying to suck on my shirt and arm, which she never does. I don't feel any broken ribs. There's no blood. She's walking fine. Eating and drinking. And because I felt horrible, I have her a pile of temptation treats, too. She's back to playing with the dog now, but im still worried.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ash?

No, just she screamed and tried to suck on me for a few minutes. She never does that, so it worries me. She ate all her treats, too.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/21/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand you accidentally stepped on your kitten earlier today. She vocalized in pain, but is back to normal behavior (i.e. playing, eating & drinking normally, etc.). Is that a correct summary of what happened?