Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My cat is diabetic and on 5 units of Lantus SoloStar am and

My cat is diabetic and on 5 units of Lantus SoloStar am and 5 units p.m. He's developed diarrhea in last three days, but still eating and drinking water. I feed him wet canned food and leave out dry food during the day.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sorry Diabetic has that. The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Diabetic?
Customer: Should I be concerned about the diarrhea?

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS AND DO NOT SEND THE REQUESTS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. The diarrhea may not be related to his diabetes and may not have a serious cause, but managing diabetes can be very delicate. Any illness can cause them to be unregulated. I usually recommend getting checked out if the diarrhea is going on for over 2 days without resolution. Given that it has been going on for 3 days, and he is diabetic, it would be a very good idea to have your vet check him out. At the very least, they can start him on something to stop the diarrhea. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. John