Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Drooling and drinking a lot fo water. I took him to the vet,

Customer Question
Drooling and drinking a...

Drooling and drinking a lot fo water. I took him to the vet, they gave him some anti nausea medicine. He seems worse than when I took him this morrning. They did test, xray, didn't find anything.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?

Not that i am aware of. My other cat is sick as well, we found out he is fiv+ (Rocky, thedrooler is not), and he is on some doxycycline, which we are changing to bartyl.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Rocky

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rocky?

No, they have all his history. They said to watch him, give him a pepcid this evening and see if he is better tomorrow.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/20/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Rocky has been nauseous lately and medication is not helping. X-rays did not reveal an underlying cause of the nausea. You mentioned they did other tests. I am curious if you are aware if any of the values were outside the normal range (i.e. WBC count, liver values, kidney values, etc.)? Also, it would help me to know about how old is Rocky?

Thanks. I will be standing by.