Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

He got into some garbage not sure what he ate but he keeps…

Customer Question
He got into some...

He got into some garbage not sure what he ate but he keeps throwing up and won’t eat but drinks water. He seems playful but most of the time he lays around. I don’t know if he’s just sick or what. He’s only 19 weeks old

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

American bully

Veterinarian's Assistant: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?

Yes

Veterinarian's Assistant: This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the animal?

He’s somewhat house trained but it seems like he can’t hold his bladder

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/20/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS AND DO NOT SEND THE REQUESTS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. There are a couple things that could be going on here. The biggest concerns are that he has gastrointestinal obstruct from something he ingested in the trash, or he has a pancreatitis. Sometimes it just causes bad gastrointestinal upset. Given his age and the symptoms, I would recommend getting him to your vet ASAP. Dogs this young will get dehydrated very quickly from frequent vomiting, even if still drinking water. On the very back of my mind, intestinal parasites and parvo (if not fully vaccinated), but given the history, that most likely isn't the case. I would recommend checking an x-ray and possibly some blood work. At the very least I would start an anti-nausea medication to stop the vomiting and give some fluids under the skin (if not severely dehydrated). Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Cat Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. John

Hello. I was just following up to see how your puppy is doing and to see if you have any other questions.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian