Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She's been diagnosed with chronic kidney disease. I just…

Customer Question
She's been diagnosed with...

She's been diagnosed with chronic kidney disease. I just bought a new flea med for her, Cheristin. Is it considered safe for her condition?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?

Roxi is 10

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Roxi?

We have a brand new diagnosis and I'm trying to figure out a better diet for her. She's always eaten well but she's refusing the frozen chicken renal diet I just bought for her

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/19/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS AND DO NOT SEND THE REQUESTS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. Cheristin is safe to use on cats with kidney disease. There is no contraindication to its usage. Now, if for some reason she has a reaction to the medication that makes her sick, which is possible with any medication, then I would alert your vet because not eating and drinking can have a negative effect on the kidneys. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Hello. I was just following up to see how Roxi is doing and to see if you have any other questions.