Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My car was missing for 2 months and she found her way home.

Customer Question
My car was missing...

My car was missing for 2 months and she found her way home. She lost a lot of weight in that time. We've been feeding her and she's been eating and drinking. My concern is I've only seen her use the bathroom once. That doesn't mean she not using it but I haven't seen her go. She is passing gas. Should I be concerned?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Cat

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?

No ma'am

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/19/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS AND DO NOT SEND THE REQUESTS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Are you talking about urination, defecation or both?

Has she remained inside only since she has been back?

Any vomiting or abdominal discomfort noted?