Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My 12 year old Bengal boy Flip has been getting sores in…

Customer Question
Hello, my 12 year...

Hello, my 12 year old Bengal boy Flip has been getting sores in front of his ears for...this will be the 3rd week now. I was out of town and had a cat nanny coming to check on him daily for that week. She mentioned he got a large sore by his ear the day before I came home. The sore scabbed up and seemed to be healing but it reopened and now just clotted. Two days ago I notices a tiny cluster of scabs in front of his other ear and tonight I found another little sore near the original large one.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the Bengal's name?

Flip

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Flip?

He's been a very healthy cat his whole life. He's only been to the vet twice. Once with an abscess on his bum when he was about 5 and about two years ago when he had runny feces, he had a blood test that came back completely clean at that same time. We did just move to another state 3 months ago. He's been using the same litter type his whole life and he's been eating his current food for 2 years. I can't really think of much else.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/19/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Is Flip inside only or indoor/outdoor?
2) Can you share pics of the areas you're seeing?
3) Any scratching or head shaking?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian