Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat is being medicated for a fungal infection. Her skin…

Customer Question
My cat is being...

My cat is being medicated for a fungal infection. Her skin lesions are worsening. 2 separate applications of injected antibiotic were also administered. Would an antihistamine help?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infections your cat can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name and age?

Chloe, est age 11

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Chloe?

Fungus was identified. Coccidi-something. Her medicine starts with an 'I',

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/19/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Sarah Snow,
 replied 9 months ago
Sarah Snow

I am Dr. Snow, and I can try to help you with Chloe. Where on her body are the lesions? Is it Coccidioides?