Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Neutered male acting like he is not. Will not let spayed…

Customer Question
Neutered male acting like...

Neutered male acting like he is not. Will not let spayed female alone, is continually yowling, usually between 2 and 4 am, attacking her, grabbing her by the back of the neck and straddling her. Her response is to lay over on her side and try to whack him. He is now 7 , was neutered at 6 month but seems to be getting worse. There is another neutered male in the house that could care less. As a possible side effect the female is loosing a lot of hair, constantly licking and scratching. Another vet said it is possible she is giving off pheromones that trigger the tom, but this is constantly.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name?

Simon

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Simon?

To everyone one else he is a lover, very vocal, large, heavy but not fat, more muscular

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/17/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 11 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you give me additional information about the neutering procedure that was performed? Did your personal vet perform this surgery? Were both testicles located and removed? Was this performed by a rescue agency before adoption? Has your vet offered any options for the male who continues to act in this manner?