Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat had reaction to sedation during tooth cleaning and

Customer Question
Cat had reaction to...

Cat had reaction to sedation during tooth cleaning and removal and was blind for 2 days. vet said they "lost" her for about 5 minutes. seemed okay just not eating well since but now has discharge from both eyes that becomes very. seems to be rather thick liquid

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?

Worried about if this is all somehow connected. also her eyes seemed fine for few days after she came home

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?

Only that I believe she is about 12 she was very healthy and good eating before this happened to her

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/16/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS AND DO NOT SEND THE REQUESTS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Is her vision completely restored?

What does the discharge look like?

Are the eyes red or swollen?

Any coughing, sneezing or nasal discharge?

Any congestion?