Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat had been constipated and the vet expressed her anal…

Customer Question
My cat had been...

My cat had been constipated and the vet expressed her anal glands yesterday. She ended up going to the bathroom last night and seemed her usual self. This morning she was fine before I left for work. When I arrived home around 8 this evening, I saw that she had vomited and when I checked her litter box, I saw that she'd also had diarriah (?) and she seems to be very lethargic. Is this normal?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/16/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

What did her vomit and diarrhea look like?

Can she keep water down?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?