Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I think they are bringing in some type of worm they are

Customer Question
I think they are...

I think they are bringing in some type of worm they are outside sometimes in an enclosed area

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the cat can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name and age?

I have three all are 7 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Bella alley and romeo

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bella?

These worm like things are I my bed

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/15/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian
Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand your cats are bringing in worms inside the house and on your bed. I can understand how disconcerting this is. I will help you with this. There are a few different kinds of worms that cats can carry. One of the most common are tapeworms and they appear as small and white, and resemble a grain of rice. Longer worms are typically roundworms, but there are others that are less common. Treatment for tapeworms require the ingredient praziquantel. This can be purchased through your veterinarian, but also over-the-counter. Pet stores often carry it. If it is one of the other worms the. You will need a different ingredient. You should also know that tapeworms usually come from fleas, so if that is what you are observing then a flea prevention is a good idea.
Please let me know if you have any other questions. I am here to help. If you have no other questions, I would appreciate a positive review. You may select up to 5 stars for your rating. This helps connect Experts with other customers, so your input is highly appreciated. Thank you.
Scott Perry
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian