Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She was crying all of the sudden and fidgety then I noticed…

Customer Question
She was crying all...

She was crying all of the sudden and fidgety then I noticed her right front paw she was limping and it curled under she can barely walk on it and my husband noticed her foot is cold She is 16 1/2 years old he thinks she may have had a stroke

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name?

Chloe

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Chloe?

She's had troubles recently with limping when she gets up from her bed I thought she probably had arthritis with her age

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/15/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr B, Cat Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this...

did this happen all of a sudden?

and is that paw much colder than her other paw?

Are you there?

so, this is not a stroke.....this is most likley a blood clot to that limb and that is why the paw is cold...this comes from very serious and significant heart disease.....and this is very painful for your cat....

and it will get progressively painful......

You need to take her to the vet....and most likley will have to put your kitty down....

she seemed fine until about an hour ago and her right paw is cold the left is normal

Please read everything above.....this is very very serious....

Ok thank you for your advice

can I answer any other questions for you?

If you do not have any other questions please rate me as this is how I make money to support my family. Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have. ( You can rate me at top right of page).

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

No I will take her as soon as I can

Ok, let me know if I can help you additionally.....

Thanks

sure thing....

Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian