Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She peed twice in the house yesterday, and pooped in my

Customer Question
She peed twice in...

She peed twice in the house yesterday, and pooped in my dog's bed today. Could it be kidney failure? She has been meowing more than usual.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?

Salvador. I think she is 12 or 13.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/14/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. Unless you are seeing an increase in the drinking and amount of urination, it most likely isn't kidney failure. Instead, she may have a urinary tract infection. I would have your vet run a urinalysis to confirm. If there are indications on the urinalysis of kidney problems or diabetes, then I would have them run some routine blood work. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Hello. I was just following up to see how Salvador is doing and to see if you have any other questions.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian