Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

I have several cats, 4 of them are getting scabs and 1 has…

Customer Question
I have several cats...

I have several cats, 4 of them are getting scabs and 1 has scabs and what feels like a cradle cap. I scratch them and try to break them up some, mostly head and neck. One has massive ear sores. please help!!!!!

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?

Financially can not go to vet right now but I am in rescue and have most medicines. All but one is about 5 , and the one with cradle cap kinda is going on 12

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Elizabeth

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Elizabeth?

She is a thin Siamese that is not social at all, has her own room with my room-mate

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/14/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Elizabeth and your other cats have scabs on the head and neck including the ears. I am so sorry to hear that. Can you please tell me if they are excessively itching or if you feel the scabs are appearing without them itching. Also, are you observing any hair loss or scabbing by the tail base?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian