Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I fed m animal some spicy food leftover that i had and shes

Customer Question

hey i fed m animal some spicy food leftover that i had and shes been vomiting for 2-3 days
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the animal eat anything unusual?
Customer: yes the spicy food, i believe it had onions
JA: What is the animal's name?
Customer: baby
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Baby?
Customer: shes been weak and doesnt want to eat
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. There is a good chance she has a gastrointestinal ulceration or a severe pancreatitis. If there were onions, then those can be poisonous to cats and cause severe anemia. If this has been going on for 2-3 days, and she is weak, I would get her to your vet's office immediately. She needs blood work, anti-nausea medications, put on intravenous fluids to flush her system and re-hydrate and any other supportive care that is evident from blood work. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 month ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. John
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 month ago.

Hello. I was just following up to see how Baby is doing and to see if you have any other questions.