Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat keeps pooping on the couch. We took him to the vet

Customer Question

My cat keeps pooping on the couch. We took him to the vet about two weeks ago for peeing out of the litter box and found out he had a UTI and was put on antibiotics, and has been doing a lot better with pee. But now he is pooping in the exact same spot on the couch, id say maybe once a week.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** is about 9 months old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jinx?
Customer: Nope.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Scott Perry replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Jinx has been defecating on the couch and was recently treated for a urinary infection. He is not urinating outside the box anymore. Is that a correct summary of the situation?