CVT_in_MN
CVT_in_MN, CVT
Experience:  Associates Degree in Veterinary Technology.
10413311

I want to start my own indoor cat herb garden, but getting

Customer Question

I want to start my own indoor cat herb garden , but getting different answers to whats edible for them
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?
Customer: they like to eat / chew on oat grass from the store , but doesn't last long and would prefer growing my own indoor garden for them
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Sadie Aprox. 5 years Willy her son 3 yrs. ( both rescue )
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sadie?
Customer: only that she craves cat grass. she will chase me down with it when i come with it from store. I also plant organic cat seeds for them , but will only last a week or so. I love to cook and would like my own herb garden indoors to share with them, not sure which would be safe for her to eat on.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  CVT_in_MN replied 1 month ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I've been with this company since 2008. I'll be happy to help you with your question today.

Expert:  CVT_in_MN replied 1 month ago.

Most cats will shy away from most mainstream human herbs...things like oregano, basil, thyme or rosemary are not really palatable to cats.

You could order large amounts of cat grass seed on Amazon (I get mine here: https://www.amazon.com/Catgrass-Sweet-Oats-Cats-Seeds/dp/B0035XQ7D8 ) for really, really cheap.

If you wanted to grow something you could share with them...parsley is a good option. The mild flavor makes it tasty for cats, and it does have some breath freshening properties, so that's an added bonus!

I hope this helps.

Expert:  CVT_in_MN replied 1 month ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

CVT_in_MN