Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

O) do you answer questions on fish please? about 3 years…

Customer Question
Do you answer questions...

Do you answer questions on fish please?

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the fish?

About 3 years ago, my friend gave me this fish..pure white, with a bend on the body. She said that a brick had fallen on him but when she took the brick off, he carried on swimming. now, he's doing crocodile turns ..stays in a water plant I have and this morning I saw him swim straight into the side of the fish pond. I know he's only a fish, but I'd hate for him to be in pain.. can you help me please? :o)

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the fish's name?

Just an ordinary gold fish

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the fish?

He must be eating but I've never seen him eat.. he swims into the other fish sometimes...

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/13/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Ann M., Cat Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Cat Veterinarian

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 11 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue and as I am typing out a response.

What is a crocodile turn?

How long has he had these symptoms?