Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have a rescue kitty neutered male approx. 7 years old.

Customer Question

I have a rescue kitty neutered male approx. 7 years old. Very shy so I adopted his kitty friend from the same shelter. They are inseparable!
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the kitten?
Customer: Adult rescue cat, male, approx. 7 years old. Can't capture him to get him to vet. Very afraid of cat carrier. Had a puffed up area on his cheek just above whiskers as of yesterday. It apparently bust open and is now an open lesion oozing a little blood. He is underweight
JA: What is the kitten's name?
Customer: K have tried twice and my msg disappears before I can send it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the kitten?
Customer: 7 0r 8 year old rescue male cat Open lesion on his face as of yesterday. Can't get him to vet, can't capture him. He's very high strung. Underweght
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Scott Perry replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand your kitten has an area on the skin that is bleeding. I am sorry to hear about what happened. These are common areas for cats to get abscesses, so I wonder if that is what happened. If you are able to attach a picture of the the face to this text chat it would help me understand what is going on. Otherwise, I can answer your question with the description.