Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat keeps eating my bamboo plants and spitting up, Kali.

Customer Question
My cat keeps eating...

My cat keeps eating my bamboo plants and spitting up

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?

Kali. She is 4 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kali?

She is drinking water and eating food certain foods. Looks like she's lost weight because she's not eating as much food.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
I still have not received a response, and was told it would take 8 minutes. Yes, I've paid for the service.
9/13/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Sara, Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr. Sara
Dr. Sara, Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr. Sara. Sorry you had to wait for a response. Is Kali an indoor only kitty or does she go outside? Is her appetite less because she is always nibbling the bamboo and then vomiting? Is is possible to put the plants where she can't get at them to see if that is the cause?

Kali is an indoor cat. Her appetite seems fine when she's not nibbling on the bamboo.

Ok, so it sounds like you have identified the reason for the upset tummy. Is it not possible to keep the bamboo away from her? I realize it isn't toxic but it's causing her to vomit more than she should which isn't good for her esophagus.

I am signing off for the night, will check back in the morning.