Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat keeps eating my bamboo plants and spitting up, Kali.

Customer Question

My cat keeps eating my bamboo plants and spitting up
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Kali. She is 4 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kali?
Customer: She is drinking water and eating food certain foods. Looks like she's lost weight because she's not eating as much food.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I still have not received a response, and was told it would take 8 minutes. Yes, I've paid for the service.
Expert:  Dr. Sara replied 1 month ago.

Hi this is Dr. Sara. Sorry you had to wait for a response. Is Kali an indoor only kitty or does she go outside? Is her appetite less because she is always nibbling the bamboo and then vomiting? Is is possible to put the plants where she can't get at them to see if that is the cause?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Kali is an indoor cat. Her appetite seems fine when she's not nibbling on the bamboo.
Expert:  Dr. Sara replied 1 month ago.

Ok, so it sounds like you have identified the reason for the upset tummy. Is it not possible to keep the bamboo away from her? I realize it isn't toxic but it's causing her to vomit more than she should which isn't good for her esophagus.

Expert:  Dr. Sara replied 1 month ago.

I am signing off for the night, will check back in the morning.