Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat is peeing in unusual spots other than the litter box.

Customer Question
My cat is peeing...

My cat is peeing in unusual spots other than the litter box. Her pee is almost a green colour and it's got foam to it. She is sleeping more than usual and she hasn't touch her food barely at all.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your cat. What is the cat's name and age?

Kali and she is 8 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kali?

No just she doesn't have her shots but she's strictly an indoor cat

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
9/12/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Nicole, Cat Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Cat Veterinarian

Hello. I am so sorry that you are going through this issue with Kali. I will try to help you work through it.

It is so frustrating when a cat starts urinating inappropriately. There are a number of reasons why a pet will do this:

1. Behavioral

2. Infection

3. Urinary crystals

4. Metabolic- such as liver or kidney issue etc.

5. Toxin

6. Diet

I will say that urinary tract infections are not all the common in young female cats but could be a possibility. I would be looking for something else.

I am a bit concerned about the green color as this is not typical for even an infection.

Is there a chance that she could have ingested something abnormal?

How long as she gone without eating?

Is she drinking and urinating excessively?

My biggest concern is that she is a young cat with these symptoms and she is not feeling well, including not eating well.

If this has been going on for a 1+ days, I would definitely recommend that she be examined and have some bloodwork completed to ensure that her liver and kidney values are okay and that she does not have any evidence of infection.

Please let me know if this helps answer your questions. Unfortunately, there is not one specific thing that I can say is causing it just because the urine is green. She needs to be evaluated further.

If you have any additional questions, I am happy to answer them for you. If not, and you are satisfied with my assistance, a 5 star rating is always appreciated as it is how we as experts are recognized and compensated.

Let me know about the above information and we can continue to work through this.

Sincerely,

Dr. Nicole

Just wondering if you had time to review the information and if you have questions?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Nicole