Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cats seem fine but I just found like small worms in there…

Customer Question
Cats seem fine but...

Cats seem fine but I just found like small worms in there dry food and water. Do I need to have them checked out by a vet?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the cat can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name and age?

Murray is 3 and I also have an older cat Maxi about 16

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Murray?

No the cats seem fine and this is the first time I've seen the worms so they can't be there that long. Maxi is elderly and probably not in the best health anymore but seems ok.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question. Can you post a picture of what these worms look like? You again are finding them in the food while it is in the food bowl? Is there any in the food bag? Where is the food and water located?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian