Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat suddenly can't hold up her tail, it just droops. She

Customer Question

My cat suddenly can't hold up her tail, it just droops. She is eating, drinking, peeing and pooping normally and can walk & jump normally. When she lays in a chair or her tree and wants to turn around she puts her butt up in the air like something hurts (her tail I presume). I lightly petted her tail and she didn't mind. It isn't twitching like it normally does either. To me, it seems like she's acting as though her tail or something hurts. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your cat. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: She's 7 and her name is*****: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sadie?
Customer: Nothing I can think of at the moment
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Is the tail dragging?

Have any diagnostics been run thus far such as x-rays?

Is she on any medication?

Is she indoors only?

Any potential for injury?