Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I have a problem with his hair loss on nipples since couple

Customer Question

hello, I have a problem with his hair loss on nipples since couple days He is licking and scratching all the time
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Paco
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Paco?
Customer: w are waiting for dentist appointment - he has very bad gums - his gums are swallen
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 month ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again,

Sorry to hear Paco is uncomfortable, however I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. In the cat this very unlikely to be anything infectious such as mange, the chances are you are dealing with a dermatitis or eczema.

2. Of course when you have his teeth checked out you can also ask the vet to check his skin. But in the meantime if you were to apply hydrocortisone cream to the affected area twice a day for seven days or so this will almost certainly give him some relief and could well resolve the situation. This is a product you can buy over the counter and if he licks a little it is not likely to harm him.

3. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you

No problem, very glad to be advising you.

Please let me know how things go ...

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Paco is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning his skin condition ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott